Teeth whitening works by breaking down the chemical bonds that hold onto stains in the tooth. This is done by the use of a whitening agent that contains hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, which breaks down into hydrogen peroxide.
The peroxide penetrates through the tooth enamel and the oxygen molecules react with staining molecules deeper in the tooth, which effectively removes not only surface stains, but also deep, intrinsic stains. In high concentrations that are found at the dental office, peroxide can effectively bleach the teeth and produce a shade up to 10 times lighter in a single session. If you're interested in brightening your smile, contact your dentist in Corona to schedule an appointment.
- Take-home whitening reduces tooth sensitivity
- In-office whitening is very fast
- Minimally invasive
- Results can last for up to 3 years with proper care
- Cheaper, less invasive, & more convenient alternative to veneers & crowns
- Increases confidenceImproves your overall smile
- Can improve your mental health
- Safe administration of whitening gel
- Protection of your soft tissues
It’s important to care for your teeth by brushing with fluoride toothpaste twice a day for 2-3 minutes. Floss at least once a day between all of your teeth and attend checkups and cleanings twice a year.
This will ensure that surface stains and plaque buildup which can cause discoloration are kept to a minimum. You should also monitor your diet to avoid foods and drinks that will stain your teeth. Smoking and tobacco products should be completely avoided. Staining foods & drinks that you should keep to a minimum include:
- Coffee & tea
- Balsamic vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Dark sauces
- Highly pigmented fruits